- April 18, 2023
- Posted by: hrdcoalitionAdmin
- Categories: Tenders, TORs
The National Coalition for Human Rights Defenders-Uganda (NCHRD-U) is a registered membership network organization that brings together about 160 individual members and organization what work towards the promotion and realization of human rights in the country.it was established in 2013 and works in all regions of Uganda and embraces all defenders regardless of color, race, gender, religion and political affiliation. It derives its legitimacy from Article 38 of the Constitution that states that:
Every Ugandan has the right to participate in the affairs of government, individually or through his or her representatives in accordance with the law. It further states that every Ugandan has a right to participate in peaceful activities to influence the policies of Government through civic organizations.
The Vision of NCHRD-U is a society that upholds the rights and freedoms of every human rights defender while its mission to protect and promote the work of HRDs in a safe and secure environment through linkages with national, regional, and international like-minded entities
Its Core Values are:
- Transparency and
The NCHRD-U institutional objectives are:
- To create an avenue for collective response to threats against HRDs
- To coordinate other civil society organizations in promoting safety and security of HRDs.
- To improve protection mechanisms, safety, and security of HRDs in Uganda individually and at organizational level.
- To advocate and raise public awareness and profiles of HRDs in the country.
1.2 Celebrating 10 years:
The NCHRD-U will be celebrating 10 years of its existence and would like to document in a colorful magazine its journey from the day it was founded capturing stories and milestones in this important journey when its founder members began the dream to have an organization that speaks to issues that positively and negatively affects the work of human rights defenders.
1.3 Production of a COLOURFUL MAGAZINE:
To this effect, the NCHRD-U wishes to hire the services of professional composer/ firm / individual with the requisite skills and knowledge of developing and writing capturing stories that speak to the journey of NCHRD-U since its inception by its founders and sponsors. It entails capturing interviews from the beneficiaries of its services (HRDs)success stories and pictures of the time of the Coalition’s formation to present day from different stakeholders such as its membership all around the country and the Secretariat staff. In summary, prepare content that includes writing and editing and arrangement of relevant pictorials for an estimated 20-22 standard articles and solidarity messages from stakeholders, design and layout of the magazine following the institutional brand colors and finally copy and editing proofreading of the designed pre-press version to make it ready or available for printing
1.3 Terms of reference:
- Prepare technical advice and input to the Coalition on the content of a commemorative magazine including making a proposal on content.
- Assemble the content in consultation with the Coalition i.e. commission the articles by identifying and assigning writers accordingly as well as illustrations and photographs.
- Edit the submitted articles to ensure they are complete and publishable taking care of all the ethical and professional requirements including ensuring that any gaps are addressed.
- Undertake the design and layout in consultation with the Coalition.
- Copy, edit and proofread the designed version to ensure that all typographic errors are corrected.
- Submitting a final camera -ready version for printing to the Coalition including advising on sourcing of a right printing firm.
- Relinquishing any copyright to the Coalition
1.4 Expected delivery of first Draft– within 20 working days from the date of signing the contract agreement.
1.5 Final product to be completed within five days after the first draft has been evaluated with any necessary amends.