- February 4, 2021
- Posted by: hrdcoalitionAdmin
- Category: Calls
About National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders Uganda.
The National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders Uganda (NCHRD-U) is a registered organization of various organizations and individual Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) that was formed in 2013. It seeks to strengthen the work of HRDs throughout the country through synergy and collaboration at national and international level to enhance the protection mechanisms for HRDs and their capacity to effectively defend human rights. NCHRD-U focuses its work in all regions in Uganda.
NCHRD-U’s purpose is to protect and promote the work of HRDs in safe and secure environment through linkages with national, regional and international entities. Individuals and organizations working to promote the protection of Human Rights Defenders (HRD) in Uganda. Further information about the Organization and what it does, can be found on our website: www.hrdcoalition.ug
The Coalition Secretariat is undertaking a 3 months project supported by the Democratic Governance Facility aimed at Protection of Human Rights Defenders Uganda. The coalition therefore sets out this consultancy with the support of the DGF to provide technical support towards compilation of a national report on the recently concluded general elections (2021).
The Coalition deployed Human Rights Monitors designed as roving teams in 9 regions; Central 1 and Central 11, Albertine, Rwenzori, Southern, Karamoja, Northern, Busoga, Bugisu. The teams were integrated with National partners under the coalition’s National Referral Network to monitor the operating environment of human rights defenders during the recently concluded 2021 general elections. This assignment was to enable the coalition document emerging human rights issues with the view of engaging with relevant authorities in constructive dialogue on identified concerns.
2.0 OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the assignment is to provide technical support towards compilation of a national report on Human Rights Defenders and Elections, in close consultation with the NCHRDU team. This includes their recommendations and ensuring incorporation of relevant information provided through reports by the coalition secretariat.
4.0 EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
The required outputs from this consultancy shall include but not limited to;
- The write-up and delivery of a high-quality report in English, polished editorially and rigorous in terms of evidence-base, sources and citations.;
- A policy brief describing the specific recommendations for advocacy purposes and easy dissemination to relevant stakeholders; and
- One PowerPoint presentation to the HRDs for report validation;
- One PowerPoint presentation to the various stakeholders during the launch of the study report.
5.0 DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment is expected to be carried out over a period of 14 working days from the date of inception.
6.0 REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONSULTANT
The Consultant should have the following competencies:
- University degree in Journalism, law, development studies, social sciences, human rights and post graduate studies in any of the aforementioned field shall be an added advantage;
- Over 05 years’ experience working in governance and human rights, civic space and rule of law fields with particular attention to HRDs’ operating legal and social operating environment; any most recent publications in the same field would be an added advantage.
- Excellent research, writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to complete multifaceted tasks in an apt manner and convey quality results.
7.0 APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested and qualified consultants should submit their application which should include the following:
- A brief technical proposal (Maximum 2 pages) including the consultants understanding of the terms of reference and details of similar tasks completed successfully;
- A brief financial proposal
- Current Curriculum vitae;
- Submissions should be made via email to [email protected] with Reference; Consultancy NO.02/2021.
- The closing date for receiving both the technical and financial proposals is Thursday 11th February, 2021 at 05:00pm.
- Only short-listed consultants will be contacted
Download this Call
[pdf-embedder url=”https://hrdcoalition.ug/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Call-for-Expression-of-Interest-NO-02-2021.pdf” title=”Call for Expression of Interest NO 02-2021″]