- January 31, 2021
- Posted by: hrdcoalitionAdmin
- Category: Calls
The National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders Uganda (NCHRD-U) is looking for three (3) Data Clerks to enter information into our database from paper documents. The ideal candidate is expected to be computer savvy with a keen eye for detail. The NCHRD-U will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that is easily accessible through a digital database.
Duties and responsibilities
During the short-term contract, the Secretariat expects the data clerks to undertake the following duties and responsibilities; –
- Prepare and sort documents for data entry
- Enter data into database software and check to ensure the accuracy of the data
- Resolve discrepancies in information and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort, organize and file paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
Data Entry job qualifications and requirements
The candidate is expected to have at least A’ level certificate or its equivalent. Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.), basic understanding of databases, and good command of English both oral and written will be an added advantage.
The role requires one to maintain strict adherence to data confidentiality principles for the five-day short-term engagement. The data clerks will be supervised by the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
How to apply:
Submissions of detailed CV and academic documents should be made via email to [email protected] or hand delivered to National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders-Uganda Plot 148, SEMAWATTA ROAD, NTINDA, KAMPALA with Reference; Vacancy NO.01/2021.
The closing day is Wednesday 3rd February, 2021 at 05:00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted