- June 19, 2020
- Posted by: hrdcoalitionAdmin
- Category: News Updates
The National Coalition of Human Rights Defenders in Uganda (NCHRD-U) is a network organization that brings together individuals and civil society organizations that are involved in the protection and promotion of human in Uganda commonly known as human rights defenders (HRDs). There are about 148 registered organizations that form the coalition to date. The Coalition operates a multi-layered leadership and governance structure however the operations are run by a secretariat. Our operations are centered on protecting and promoting the work of HRDs in safe and secure environment through linkages with national, regional and international like-minded entities. NCHRD-U’s core focus areas are;
- Advocacy and Networking
- Capacity Building
- Protection, safety and security management
The organization is guided by the following objectives;
- To create an avenue for collective response to threats against HRDs.
- To coordinate other civil society organizations in promoting safety and security of HRDs
- To improve protection mechanisms, safety and security of HRDs in Uganda individually and security of HRDs in Uganda individually and at organization level.
- To advocate and raise public awareness and profiles of HRDs in the country.
ABOUT THE CONSULTANCY ASSIGNMENT
The NCHRD-U is seeking services of an individual consultant or organization to provide technical support in the integration of digital tools that will provide service support to the member organizations. The current COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted on the operations of NCHRD-U secretariat but equally the service that it offers to its membership. The leadership of the organization is keen to integrate appropriate digital tools that will ensure continuity of support services to the member organizations and individuals through virtual interventions.
THE AIM OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The overall aim is to enable NCHRD-U secretariat to integrate appropriate digital tools to ensure business continuity and sustainability.
The proposed scope will cover the following;
- Undertake baseline of the existing tools that are currently in use and assess the capacities of staff to utilize the same.
- Identify appropriate tools that would provide the required secure environment to ensure business continuity of NCHRD-U.
- Provide technical support in the integration of the recommended tools
- Undertake user training
- Propose continuous digital skills capacity building program for the organization and recommend any necessary hardware tools /equipment for business continuity.
EXPECTED KEY OUTCOMES:
- Appropriate skills transfer to the secretariat and network members.
- Appropriate integration of tools including any relevant equipment that enable NCHRD-U continue to offer services to her membership.
- Consultancy report with key recommendations on what future steps NCHRD-U should undertake the ensure appropriate utilization of technology in her work.
NCHRD-U now invites individual consultants to submit Expressions of Interest to the Executive Director by email [email protected] OR [email protected] not later than 22nd June 2020. Please submit the EOI in two parts i) Technical and ii) Financial
The successful consultant must possess the following;
- Demonstrable experience in digital skills transfer and digital strategy formulation.
- Possess a postgraduate qualification in the relevant fields of study.
- Able to provide to support remotely
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable experience in undertaking similar assignments
- Certification in training/facilitation will be added advantage
Download File Attachment
VIRTUAL LEARNING FOR NCHRDUTerms of Reference_NCHRD-U Draft